Friday, July 3, 2015

Our Favorite Dewy Skin Tips!


Break It Down, Step-by-Step: "I use a simple moisturizer and then place highlights where I want them, either under or over the foundation, depending on their skin type. If someone has drier skin I'll use a cream highlighter before foundation and maybe even after foundation as well. If someone has oily skin or will be under a barrage of flashes I'll use a powder highlighter over the set foundation because I can control the LEVEL of sheen more accurately that way," shares Stiles.
"After setting the foundation I'll use a gentle mist to set the face and bring life back to the skin. I'm loving this rose scented one from Kejiwa. It smells divine and sets makeup beautifully. Sometimes if I think the skin looks dry or matte but I don't want to add any shimmer I rub moisturizer between my palms and then press it onto the client's cheeks. It instantly makes them look fresh and glow-y."

If You Forget Everything Else, Remember This:
1. TARGET Areas: "Keep it pretty and well-placed. Your whole face doesn't have to be dewy. Place sheen and shimmer strategically so your face reflects light," shares Stiles. "Add a soft and subtle highlight along the bridge of your nose and your cheekbones. Keep your jawline and the sides of your nose more matte so you don't look greasy."
2. Finding BALANCE: "Use matte products to make a subtle point. If your skin is dewy, you don't have to have shimmery eyes and glossy lips as well. A matte shadow or matte lip will make your skin look even more gorgeous and you'll look a bit more sophisticated in the end."
Don't Forget to Exfoliate!

No comments:

Post a Comment